So... we have fig jam in the house. I don't know about you, but I LOVE fig jam with Brie cheese. I remember once, for New Years, we bought brie and fig jam in a puff pastry shell. It was honestly one of the best things I've ever eaten.
I was thinking about how to eat this fig jam in a savory meal, scrolling through Pinterest, and lo and behold, a Pinterest recipe popped up! "Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Goat Cheese and Fig Jam."
I was going to try the recipe later, but my mom came back from grocery shopping with some goat cheese! Apparently it was on sale, so I went to work.
Ladies and gentlemen, prepare to have your minds blown.
You Will Need
- two slices of whole wheat/multigrain/whatever bread you prefer
- goat cheese
- fig jam
1) Assemble. Spread your goat cheese on one slice of bread, fig jam on the other. Make sure you have a little more cheese than jam.
2) Heat up your pan with a little bit of oil. My mom made duck for a special occasion, and she saved the leftover fat. Cooking with it has made things heavenly.
3) Place sandwich on the pan, cover with a lid. Wait maybe 1 minute or so before flipping over. Repeat on the other side.
4) Slice into triangles, or eat whole... enjoy!