This authentic Russian dish is perfect for those dreary days, or for a cozy night at home! I love this soup so much I even wrote a short story about it... but that's for another time.
You Will Need...
- 1 pound of cuts, bones, & head of salmon (cleaned of gills)
- 1 large carrot
- 3 green onions
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste (diluted with hot water)
- 2 pickles
- 2 tablespoons of capers
- 2 tablespoons black kalamata olives
- 3 large bay leaves
How to Make
1) Make a fish broth, adding a little salt, pepper, and bay leaf while cooking. Remove the foam while the fish is cooking.
2) When ready, take out the fish and put on a separate place (nor now), straining the broth and pouring it into a separate bowl.
3) Shred onions into thin slices, shred carrots & cook with butter and tomato paste in a separate frying pan
4) Add the onions and carrots to the broth, along with black olives, capers, and sliced pickles. Let the soup come to a boil then remove from heat. Add pickle juice for flavor (optional)
5) Take apart the fish, removing the bones, and add the fish back to the soup. Let simmer for a few minutes before serving.
6) Serve with lemon, parsley, and dill!